We are happy to know that you want to become a part of the Association for the Design of History! Your membership is just a click away. But first we have to check whether we both are a good fit. That's why we prepared a little questionnaire.
Once it's submitted it won't take long and you're a full member of ADH!
The Application Process
The application process works in several stages. But don't worry, you are most likely already at stage 2! Here is what's going to happen:
- Get to know us by reading our Manifesto.
- If you like what you're reading, please fill in and submit our questionnaire.
- We will read your application and will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
- Finally, we will personally get to know each other through a short skype session.
On principal, everyone who subscribes to the positions we set forth in our Manifesto can join us. It isn't necessary that you agree to our analysis in every little detail. It's way more important that you agree with our positions.
To evaluate if this is the case, we would like you to answer our questionnaire. Of course, there are no right or wrong answers, since what we would like to hear are your opinions. We will get back to you on the basis of your answers.
Advantages of a Membership
Being a member of ADH comes with a number of advantages:
- You are part of an international network, organized digitally.
- Wherever you are: your voice counts. You can be part of all our decisions.
- You get access to the whole platform of ADH, with all its advantages like professional file management, project management, a forum and more.
- You're at the spearhead of a cybercommunist movement and are actively helping to use modern technology for humans, animals and the environment.
- You will profit from our internal workshops and seminars, where you will learn about computer driven planned economies, can sharpen your digital skills, and more.
Duties as a Member
First and foremost the good news: Right at the beginning of your membership with ADH, there are no obligations! Nobody benefits from escalating duties for new members. Out of this, we think it's good practice to enable you to observe the work done within ADH first without any coercion.
Yet, we warmly welcome any help. ADH is based completely on volunteer work and relies on us all to flourish. Even though our overarching goal is to abolish work, we still have to work until we get there. There are plentiful areas that require very different abilities, enabling you to help ADH according to your abilities and your interests. As the word goes: "To begin is easy, to persist is an art."
As soon as you are ready and want to participate with the decision-making process, you become an active member. As such, you pay a small monthly fee, with which we compensate our expenses. This fee is unique: It is based upon the model of the progressive income tax and not only accounts for different income strata, but also doesn't punish those who work a lot! Have a look at our fee chart to know where you are at!
Any Questions left?
Of course, in case you're still not convinced, you can send us a quick mail. We'll happily answer all of your questions and look forward to receiving your message!
As soon as you're ready, head over to the application form!